Sunday, March 8, 2009

"excuse me mam, this is the men's room"



headed back from austin, TX i had a layover in the denver airport. (which, by the way, is one of my favorite airports. there are two reasons for this: 1) clean environment and 2) friendly people.) it had been a long weekend. i was tired. finding a restroom was on the top of my priority list. wandering around aimlessly, i found what i thought was the little girl's room. as t limped in (my shoes were hurting my feet and my bag was getting heavier by the second), i notice a very masculine looking girl in her army fatigues walking out as i walked in. i quickly realized that "she" was a he. i thought to myself, "how embarrassing for him to be in the lady's room and have me catch him." he very respectfully and with a concerned look on his face said, "excuse me mam, this is the men's room." oopsy daisy. i was so tired, i wasn't even embarrassed. i smiled, thanked him, and walked across the way to the little girl's room to take care of some long overdue business. quite possibly the most important business of my whole trip.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

ok couldn't stop laughing! ooopsy daisy! loved that. at least you didn't get in further and have a peek at anybody. now that would have woken you RIGHT up! eeek. i love you erin gale. you crack me up! the denver airport is great btw. i love it too.

Kade and Katie said...

hey there beautiful! where have you been all my life, seriously, we need to hang out! next time you are in town, come see us. three more weeks and you'll need to come meet our new little one. i love you more then a jar of pickles, you know that though!!! hope to see you soon. love you, love you!

melissa said...

Erin, hello! I had no idea you had a blog, you silly. I love your descriptions. You are very refreshing and we miss you. We hope you are doing SO good.

Ryan said...

Nice! If you do that too many times they make you register on a special website and you can't live close to schools or daycare centers. :)