Friday, December 3, 2010

montana mountain bash aka petersen family reunion


christian's "travel outfit" - he said he chose it for the comfort. my assessment - he wanted to see the look on my mom's face when she saw how well he matched.


our drive up the highway to the sun. i love glacier national park.

beautiful, beautiful glacier


my two favorite men


i think my face is blurry because we are going so fast.

this summer we made our way to lakeside, montana for the petersen family reunion. it was a weekend fun of cousins, aunts and uncles. we had a chance to reminisce about grandpa pete and grandma amy. my mom and dad rented a house for us to stay in. christian and i got the bedroom with bunks beds. pretty cool, eh?

we spent one day in glacier - driving up the highway to the sun and tromping around up top.

the next day we hung out at the lake house by my aunt deann and uncle steve's condo. christian and i played doubles tennis with nate and kim. wimbledon here we come! we jumped in the freezing cold lake. had good conversations with family - my favorite was the controversial topic of why men should put the toilet seat down for their wives. wonder who brought that up? no need to wonder. it was christian. he loves the topic. ask him about it sometime. we rode on the boat around the lake. ate a lot of food. the men played basketball - and my dad broke his wrist, but he continued with the fun. watched the kids play. ate some more food. it was a lovely day.

again, i know this is a late entry, but i found the pictures and didn't want to forget my first petersen family reunion as a sabey.

p.s. one of my favorite parts of the trip was singing a duet of "meet me in montana" with christian on the way to the reunion, in the truck with he and my parents and on the way home. watch out petersen family - this may be our talent for the christmas party!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast...Cool!