Wednesday, February 25, 2009

i says, i love the d.i.


i recently decided to add two new things to my "things i love list":


1) the phrase i says, he says, or she says when used as a past tense verb. examples include, "we was talkin' and he says..." or "i says to her that i durn near better see her next time she comes to town" or "she says she ain't goin' to the store". i have found that some of my favorite kinds of people use this phrase and I LOVE IT.


AND


2) deseret industries, better known as the d.i. last weekend i happened to stroll into the d.i. and i came out with 9 pretty salad plates, 2 leather handbags, 1 authentic cowboy belt buckle (belt included), 1 not-so-authentic gold belt buckle (belt also included), 2 winter coats (one of which is probably the most fantastic vintage coat i have ever seen), 1 pair of patent leather shoes, 1 hideously cute shirt, 1 pleated retro skirt, and a partridge in a pear tree. okay, so the partridge wasn't included - but i don't doubt that it could have been if you'd given me 15 more minutes in he store. now the best part, all that loot for $48. can you believe it? I SAYS, can you believe it? i have decided that i don't love to shop, but i do love to shop at the d.i. (and other thrift stores). some of the reasons i love to shop at the d.i. include the fact that it is super inexpensive, i get to use my creativity in coming up with how i can use some of these items to enhance my wardrobe and or decor, and most importantly, the fact that the d.i. does amazing things to help train their employees to gain long term employment and effective life skills as well as contributes in amazing ways to help those less fortunate than us with humanitarian efforts. if you want to learn more, check out this link http://www.providentliving.org/channel/0,11677,2022-1,00.html.

if you want me to model the coat for you, just let me know. i'm sure we can work something out.

4 comments:

the hipps said...

Please Model!!! But I want to see various outfits, showing all of the sweet treasures you found. I swear everyone else has the best luck at the di... I never find the good stuff. Nice work!

Whitney said...

she says, "you always were a treasure finder at the d.i., i always says i wanted to be more like you"

impressed by this post!

utahmigs said...

Can I just say... or I guess, "says" i love that you call it "THE" d.i. Jennie always made fun of me because she said it should be said just plain d.i. I think using proper english it is correct to leave "THE" out, but who likes proper english anyway! That's what I says anyway. :) Sure love you!

Heidi said...

Erin, Damond must have some of the same blood because he LOVES DI and the Goodwill. He has even gotten our children super excited about Goodwill trips!!

PS I love your blog!!!!!