Tuesday, May 19, 2009

where everybody knows my name...

knock, knock - who's there? ralph waldo emerson wasn't, even though this is his pad.


apparently touching john harvard's gold foot increases intelligence. i'm just sayin'...


josh and whitney are one of my role model couples. they have definitely made my top 10 favorite couples list. .


i just really loved this red door - and whitney makes the cutest pizza delivery girl i've ever seen.

i love to see the temple.



i'm slow on this post. however, i feel okay about it. i am historically a slow person. i 've never staked a claim on being fast. speed is not my forte. i go at at steady, even pace. endurance is more of a skill set i consider my own. having said that, here i am, posting pics from my trip to boston, about three weeks after my return to utah. i headed to boston, where everybody was supposed to know my name, for about a week. beantown was an adventure. i was on the last leg of my walking pneumonia when i got onto the plane. it was kinda rough. i felt good about the fact that i was sick BEFORE the plane ride. it helped me feel confident in the fact that i didn't contract the swine flu on the plane. i thought my sickness was over because i'd been sick for four weeks, to the doc twice, and through one set of antibiotics. i was feeling a little better, but the plane ride just didn't help. the week was full of a lot of coughing, a low sexy voice, mucinex, a few bags of ricola cough drops, schmoozing with clients (did i mention this was mostly a work trip with a few days of fun with whitney and josh tacked on to the end), and some great sight seeing. whit and josh are phenomenal friends. monday night they came to my hotel. whitney had a care package in hand and josh gave me a blessing. i felt the spirit so strong the moment he started the blessing. i knew i'd get better..and i did. i stayed sick throughout the week, but i did slowly get a bit better.
some of my favorite memories of boston include:
  • the union oyster house - the oldest restaraunt in the U.S.
  • walking down the cobblestone streets of boston along the freedom trail at night feeling the solemnity of the historical city i was in and putting on my "mean face" so that nobody would mess with this "little girl in a big city"
  • practically walking to cambridge with lori while we were trying to find the tram station to cambridge
  • running into the sister missionaries on the streets of cambridge
  • cvs stores and dunkin' donuts every 50 feet
  • the girl from nepal i met near fanuel hall and quincy market who sold me a hand-made journal
  • meeting up with whitney for fro yo and to walk around harvard square
  • a weekend with my sweet whitney - talks about our families we love so much, pride and prejudice w/ popcorn and hot tamales, walk/jog along cambridge river, the sacred grounds of the temple, the homes of ralph waldo emerson and nathaniel hawthorne, the historical grounds of lexington and concord, author's ridge, inspiring conversations w/ whitney, our shopping splurge at target, dinner from a little turkish pizza place, watching nascar with whit and josh, and church at the infamous cambridge 1st ward

there it is, my trip to boston.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

sounds like such a fun trip. I am glad you put on your mean face... that is the best form of protection. miss ya.

Ryan said...

Glad you're back and safe. I hope I make your top ten list of favorite couples. :D Behind mom and dad of course.

melissa said...

what a fun time!! I am glad you got better and sorry I didn't know you were sick. also, the post above makes me think i may be missing a lot more than that little tidbit...