Wednesday, January 11, 2012

sabey baby shower

karen and chantelle - chanty is pregnant too!

rachel, rachel and lisa

katie and swede

leigh, maggie and katie

britta's awesome bedhead!


swede handed me all my gifts, and helped me open some of them

self portrait

cute plates and napkins - baby stuff is so cute!

another shot of the bedhead

the sabey sisters-in-law threw a family baby shower for little minnie. it was so nice to get together with family and celebrate new life. i have great sisters-in-law! i feel very blessed. the shower ended up being on the evening of grandma vance's funeral. it was a reminder of two inevitable events - birth and death. it was a day full of reflection of the plan of salvation . my gratitude for the knowledge of our purpose here on earth grew.

my father-in-law shared this poem during the funeral service as he talked about the circle of life, from birth to death. it was touching, and i wanted to remember it some day, so i included it. (i stole it from rachel sabey's blog. thanks, rachel!)

My day old child

Author: Carol Lynn Pearson
My day old child in my arms
with my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish,
I wish that you could hear,

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled his ear,
but a kind of light passed through his eyes,
and I saw this thought appear,

"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say,
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God,
I left Him yesterday."

2 comments:

Debbie-- said...

Erin, I love that poem!! I've given it to my kids after they've had their first child.

Unknown said...

Brilliant baby shower it was. Even my sister threw me a cute “chubby boy” themed baby shower at one of the garden venues in Los Angeles. She is so lovely and had given the DIY baby shower party favors too to all of the guests. Can’t forget all of the fun that we had in that shower.