Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tribute to My Mother

Dear Mom,

I have decided to write a blog entry specifically for you. It is full of capitalization, correct punctuation, and breaks in between paragraphs. To the best of my knowledge, all the words are even spelled correctly - a real tribute to you. I suppose this, along with my participation in the yearly Black Friday Extravanganza, can count as an addition to your birthday present. I must disclaim that just because this is happening once, does not mean it will ever happen again. However, I am willing to make minor changes for short periods of time to put a smile on your face and help you realize that your dear, sweet daughter does have the capability of conforming to your wishes and desires for short periods of time. I am only willing to do this because I love you so much, Mom!


Sister Wilcox wanted me to give you a shout out as well. She wants to take you out for falafel next time you are in Salt Lake City. When this event occurs, I will be sure and wear an outfit that is coordinated by color and style that you would approve of, as a second tribute to you.


I love you, Mom!



Yours Truly,

Erin Gale Petersen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ERIN! This made me laugh out loud! THANK YOU!
Love you!

Ryan said...

Wow. That's really all I can say. Wow. :)

Love you sis!

utahmigs said...

Hey, Sister Wilcox knows your Mom too? We should all get together sometime soon :)