Monday, August 17, 2009

bacon grease

my grandma della used to brush bacon grease over the top of her rhodes rolls to give them an extra special flavor. since we were making rhodes rolls as part of our sunday feast, and we had bacon grease, i decided i'd carry on the family tradition. while the brushing of the bacon grease was going on, my friend ryan said, "erin, that is the last thing i would expect YOU to do."

what can i say, the big city is changing me. i'd like to believe i'm a little less uptight about a few things. bacon grease being just one thing on that list...

i don't think i'll ever be able to make rolls like my grandma did. however, just trying to recreate her masterpiece brought back some wonderfully nostalgic memories.

3 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

i love you, bacon grease and all!

utahmigs said...

I have to admit, I had the same thought... You used bacon grease! Nice work.

Ryan said...

Mmmmm....Bacon. Those were the best rolls ever.