Saturday, January 10, 2009

holy cannoli

holy cannoli...


i'm a brunette!
i did two big things this week - made cannoli and changed my hair color. i think these are both small steps for me, and giant leaps for mankind. hmmm....or maybe not, but kind of a big deal in my little world. i've wanted to make cannoli for three years now. i had it at a great little mediterranean restaraunt at the wynn hotel in vegas. i really liked it. i thought to myself, someday i will create something like that. three years, numerous internet searches, countless phone calls to my mom for advice on the how-to of certain cooking techniques, and an hour and a half of stirring milk on the stove later i came up with the lovely creation above. i'll have to say, i was a little disappointed. maybe i had cannoli up on such a high pedestal, maybe i didn't have the best recipe, or maybe i just need to learn to be a better cook. it really could be any of these options. whatever it was, i learned something in the process - the taste of the dessert may not have been worth the hassle, however, the experience of learning was worth every second of stirring the milk.
now that other thing, not sure why i had jamie (my absolutely amazing friend since 7th grade and the ONLY person i have let cut and dye my hair in the past 8 years) change my hair color from blonde to brown. it could be that i was rejecting the comment of my mother a few years ago that "blondes are addicted to being blonde", it could be that i just needed a change in my life, it could be that i am starting to REALLY embrace the fact that my hair is actually naturally a lot darker than i think. i just don't know. whatever it be, i think that my change in haircolor counts as me being spontaneous this week. i'm pretty crazy, just livin' on the edge, flying by the seat of my pants...

3 comments:

Erika said...

erin
-hola, it's erika and man on man i am SO proud of you. you are seriously getting to be so brave, it wasn't too long ago when you drove to ogden without telling your mom. i sure loved and miss hanging out with you!

and i REALLY want to see pictures of the new color!

Erika said...

"man on man" ummmmmmm i meant "man OH man"

utahmigs said...

so where are the pictures??? I can't wait to see the new look! Sure love you!